In this adult game, play as the titular Claire, a refugee fleeing a great invasion that has claimed the lives of both her parents. Helpless, alone, and ignorant of the evils of the world, Claire seems set to meet a grim fate… or will she prove otherwise? Will you help to prove otherwise?
Claire’s Quest is an adult roleplaying game made using RPGMaker MV. Unlike the majority of RPGMaker games, however, Claire’s Quest is totally devoid of any form of combat-based gameplay. The gameplay is slightly puzzle-like, revolving around talking to people, gathering clues and tools, as well as making dialogue-based choices. We designed this game with a focus on replay value, and we wanted it to be worth the player’s while to play through the game multiple times – but having each time feel like it was a totally different story. As such, the game is extremely non-linear, and has a multitude of VN-like different story branches available to the player depending on what choices they make…
Added new quest, “Blessing The Harvest”, which introduces Mia, your apprentice in the Sisters of Fertility, as well as a scene for her! Mia is dom/sub depending on what path Claire is on, so if Claire is dom, Mia is sub, and vice versa.
Added new quest, “In Cahoots”, which advances the Thieves Questline and adds in a new scene for this mission, which occurs if you try to climb through a Defiance-based hole-in-the-wall approach and get stuck. If Claire’s Defiance is over 9 she will succeed in climbing through. Alternatively, she can sneak past enemies, or use an Intrigue over 9 check to listen through the walls. If she triggers the scene, Depravity being over 9 will boost Depravity +2 and lower Defiance by -2 and she enjoys it, whereas if Depravity is under 9 it will only boost Depravity by +1 and lower Defiance by -1, and deduct all Energy from the trauma.
The Status menu is now opened using the “J” key instead of the “S” key as WASD players need the S key for their navigation.
Rewrote the “Good Smith, Bad Smith” narrative as the Thieves are basically being modeled into a Pliny vs Lecter situation while Zeon has his own thing going on as the Mercenaries.
New title page with stylized title!
An experimental weight system has been attached to the player inventory. Defiance score affects weight-carrying capacity (see details in ‘Skills’).
Fixed a bug with Talin being interactable and invisible before she’s meant to be in the Lake in the Woods, which kills the progression for Rangers into “Death In The Water”.
Fixed flawed placement of the Energy requirement to enter the Milk Shed in the “Milk Gone Sour” quest.
Fixed the gamebreaking lock in Valos Slums when approaching the Urchin base due to missing event graphics.
Solved a very sneaky mistake I made due to a duplicate copy of the “Body Bag” item being sold by Mercenary vendors not registering as the ‘main’ Body Bag item that is recognized by the script. Duplicate highlighted as deleted item.
Fixed the Meat Pit unable to progress properly due to flawed Energy restoration at the beginning.
Claire’s Quest 0.22.2
Added new quest, “Brats, Mischief, & Cruel Things” for Urchin Questline, which is located n Valos Slums City. Comes with a huge multi-variant scene! The Urchins will have their way with Claire unless she has over 6 Defiance and Intrigue. You will unlock this in Gallery even without taking the ‘bad’ path to it.
Kennels transfer point bug has been fixed.
Roxanne’s room being invisi-blocked (cutting off Ranger quest progression from the beginning) has been fixed.
Fixed Dreadly Alchemy Jar randomly moving around.
Several minor typos across new scenes found and fixed.
Fixed multiple ‘chest’-type graphic errors due to new sprite sheet.
Fixed the missing ME folder export.
Claire’s Quest 0.22.1
• Five brand-new CG sets and one remake! (see below for details)
• New minor quest featuring Charlotte, “Hiring Conditions”, where you help Charlotte land a job at the Hotel Bellevue. You can complete this via the ‘Corruption’ route (CG set where Charlotte sucks off the hotelier for a job with some slavish foodplay) or the ‘Romantic’ route (CG set where Claire and Charlotte engage in a lesbian tryst with plenty of making out and carpet munching sapphic madness!)
• New quest, “Milk Gone Sour”, in the Sisters of Fertility questline, where Claire has to deal with a bunch of rambunctious fairies, featuring two CG sets depending on whether you’re on the sub or dom path; submissive Claire gets a CG set where she is milked and toyed with, while dominant Claire gets a CG set where she uses them as handy cocksleeves and force-feeds the fairies a new kind of creamy ‘milk’!
• New quest, “Death In The Water”, in the Rangers questline, where the conflict between poachers and rangers escalates! Claire must seek the help of an ancient lizard called La Guivre, and in exchange for his help she can get a CG set where she dons a Lizard-Girl Outfit for a taste of some dino-dicking!
• Leon’s set back in Hookton Village (breastsucking + handjob) has been completely redrawn, and Leon’s scenes and dialogue rewritten to reflect his new teenager look!
• UI overhauled for the addition of the new “Status” bar!
• Brand-new Status bar added into the game to better reflect and explain various statuses that can afflict Claire – press “S” to open!
• Changed Aiyana’s ingame portrait completely to better represent her CG appearance.
• The “Virility” and “Greater Virility” abilities are now unlockable via skill tree progression.
• More backstory added to Claire’s family, can be seen via Prologue interaction in her house, and with Lord Bertrand’s reaction to her when they first meet. Notably, her family name is now defined clearly as ‘Emmelaine’, with her full name being ‘Claire Emmelaine’.
Claire’s Quest 0.21.2
– New alchemy experiment available for the Dreadfly Stinger. Comes with a new lesbian scene. Requires 6 Defiance to avoid.
– Isobelle’s “anal prep” scene where she plays with a horsecock dildo has been given CG, and is now its own scene. Can be viewed in the Gallery if you already fully trained Isobelle and went past that part.
– Added new mechanic where if you pass the stat check for alchemy experiments, you can still opt to purposely do nothing and encounter the ‘fail’ scene.
– Fixed a ‘soft lock’ when assassinating the goblins; unless you had 5 Defiance you couldn’t do it. This requirement has been removed.
– Minor bug fixed with the Sisters of Fertility nymph scene’s dom/sub versions having swapped signs in the Gallery.
– Gravekeeper using the wrong sprite was fixed.
– UI graphic error where “Legacy” is still in place of “Skills” when viewing Inventory was fixed.
– Fixed a major bug where it wasn’t possible to go back to Beth’s place to recruit her for the Ranch once you left the house (if you left without hiring her).
Claire’s Quest v0.21.1b
Hotfix Claire’s Quest
• Added the Omega Sandworm scene (unlocked in Menagerie, not Gallery). Related to this, the “Perilous Bouquet” minor quest can now be completed, with a number of different outcomes. You need at least 14 Defiance or Intrigue (and a shovel, which can be found in the Forsaken Mines exterior) to perform sabotage to survive the Omega encounter. The Omega can be chased away or allowed to stay, with a number of different outcomes; conversing with the Omega gives one-time boosts and decreases. You can also willingly breed with the Omega if Depravity is over 14; but breeding with Omega with Defiance less than 14 will lead to a gameover.
• You can now meet up with Beth once she’s rescued + the refugees are moved to Chemont. Following this, if Claire’s Breeding Ranch is owned, you can spy on Beth in her new home with Gale, unlocking a new voyeur scene.
• Beth can be recruited with Gale to the Ranch. If she was rescued in the Prologue, she will join for free. If not, she will cost 1,000 silvers; she has no Ranch scenes yet, so no need to rush to recruit her.
• You can now reunite with Charlotte and Leon in Valos, provided the housekeeping job in Hookton Village was advanced up until the dinner scene. Charlotte will be found working at the Cup and Trotter. Related to this, there is a new molesting scene involving Charlotte. Depending on Claire’s actions during the encounter, Charlotte will be steered down a different path (+1 to Corruption route if Charlotte is allowed to be molested; +1 to Lesbian route if Claire saves Charlotte). Claire needs at least 6 Defiance or 6 Intrigue to save Charlotte. Also, the housekeeping job itself, if Leon is pursued romantically, will +1 to Leon’s romantic route. This encounter starts the “Good Charlotte” quest, but this quest has no further content yet.
• A skill tree has been added to the game. This is a visible representation of Claire’s four attributes, their distribution, and the kinds of benefits they unlock. Only a number of skills are currently unlockable: Happy Camper, Wild At Heart, Open Doors, Hello Sailor, and Lockpicking.
• Gate tolls have been added to both Rathpike and Valos. Fast travel also includes tolls. Open Doors (from Seduction skilltree) will waive this permanently.
• A blessing system is now in-game. You will be able to get blessings from shrines scattered throughout the game. These provide temporary boosts to your attributes for a limited number of steps before wearing off. There are two kinds of shrines at the moment: those devoted to the Temple of Fertility, and those devoted to the Triune, the dominant faith of the Continent. Related to this, new buildings, Abbeys of the Triune, are now available in Valos and Rathpike, though empty save for their shrines at the moment. Note that blessings are not registered as ‘permanent’ and so tutors won’t factor blessing-boosted stats into account when tutoring attributes.
• “Hole In The Ground” quest has been fixed: a blood splatter was blocking the path by mistake. Also, encountering the debtor thugs in the Undercity accidentally cut off progression when it wasn’t supposed to.
• Credits Room via the Gallery has been revamped.
• Chests temporarily removed, pending re-insertion once we finish our new changes to make them “refresh”.
• Sandworms now drop Sandworm Blooms, which will feature later as an important alchemical component.
Claire’s Quest 0.20.1
• The follow-up quest to “Let Them Eat Fruit!”, the “Curse of Chemont”, is now available. This is a major quest that is part of the newly-restructured main questline, “Claire’s Quest”
• A new scene featuring the werewolf is now available! Completing the Curse of Chemont, regardless of what way you do it, will unlock this scene in the Gallery.
• Experimental weather system added, currently confined to Outer Valos for early testing. Outer Valos now has a 20% chance of getting a rainstorm event, which will spawn hostile characters that will attempt to attack Claire.
• New scene involving roaming hostiles who only appear in the rain event mentioned above. Encountering them in any way will add them to the Gallery. Future plans for weather are to include a ‘sickness’ system as an added threat (currently not ingame) which will lead to a series of nurse/hospital minor quests.
• Valos’s “poor area” completely reworked; instead of sewers, which makes it too similar to Rathpike’s Undercity areas, I decided to remake it into a little confined “slums” quarter inspired by the Putrid Grove in Witcher 3. This City Slums area is accessible from Outer Valos, by going straight north.
• Urchins moved to the City Slums.
• Experimental stealth system added to the game. Currently only limited to the Badlands and White Hart Grove (werewolf area). Being in stealth areas like tall grass will stop monsters detecting you, allowing you to sneak by. However, dashing will break stealth, so if your dash/run is set to auto, make sure to hold down SHIFT to slow Claire down to a walk.
• The Grateful Youth (from the Prologue) can reappear in Outer Valos if you saved him and inspired him to continue living.
• You can now give Piercings to Isobelle; these are purely cosmetic, changing her portrait and CG sets to feature Piercings. You can take them off at any time if you so please.
• Fixed a series of flow/progression bugs with the “Contemplation” quest as it leads onto Karland and Bertrand’s quests. A new game may be necessary to make it all register properly in the Quest Journal. If you don’t mind a wonky Quest Journal though, you can play from your saved games.
• Goblin-related quest is still being worked on; however, their new scene is available for viewing in the Gallery if you want to view it ahead of the quest itself!
• Added the Adelaide Inn to Chemont Town so Chemont has an inn + food vendor. This is actually a little cameo by another adult game of the same name. Stay tuned for future very raunchy content!
• Fixed the Beastwife Outfit being sellable by mistake.
• New NPC types added – Female Plutocrat, Pauper, and Bard.
• New custom sprite for Gravekeeper.
Claire’s Quest 0.19.1
CLAIRE’S QUEST VERSION 0.19.1 CHANGELOG
* “A Red Proposal” quest for the Shieldmaiden Questline can now be completed.
* New scene – Aslaug’s “kabedon” with Claire. Ecchi and SFW.
* “Grapes of Wrath” quest now available for both sides of the Sisters of Fertility questline.
* Forest nymph scene added to the game; comes in two different flavours depending on which Sister playthrough you get it on.
* Anal Penetration scene now available with Isobelle. Lubricant conditions not added yet.
* Fixed a bug where the Blacksteel Forge lets you in without completing By Blood & Sweat Both quest first.
* Big oversight – no food in Dargan. Added food to Tibor’s menu.
* Cave of Penance auto-triggers text without being on the related quest; fixed.
* Fixed a bug whre you can re-trigger the Merc Ambush scene even after escaping.
* Restored alchemy function, which got disabled due to new plugin intereference.
* Fixed a potentially gamebreaking entrance glitch with the arrows lending accessibility from right side of the third outpost’s door in the “Lights Out” quest.
* Added “Oasis Town” past Badlands in Rathpike, and Valosian “Outer City Sewers” and “Inner City Sewers” maps.
* Fast travel added to Narfu – Corsair’s Coast.
* Lockpick requirement removed from SIlent Cargo.
* Fixed up confusion with Beth/Enslaved Refugee where the game doesn’t correctly check Beth’s status and mixes up who should be encountered.
* Missing tint screen when transitoning from Possessed Boy scene in Chemont, only if your Depravity is high
* Defiance being too high (over 10) in Brabannois causing failure of quest removed, swapped out for increasing Depravity checks of 10 and 12
* Bertrand’s backstory retconned
* Retconned some quests into a new “Claire’s Quest” category as the ‘main’ questline
* Mystery Note in Silent Cargo lists the wrong colour house roof. Fixed.
* Default “boy” portrait and sprite changed
* Added a hide textbox option with H key
* Added a bit of blush to Claire’s “happy” expression
* Urchins Questline has been moved to Valos
* Suspicious Man who teaches lockpicking in Hookton now won’t talk to Claire unless she has at least 1 gold
* Reward for acquiring high purity blacksteel for the Valosian acquirer changed from 500 to 1,000. Purchase cost also removed.
* Tahlia the Trapper added to Alchemy Questline; she will be responsible for selling monster parts. The parts available depends on which recipes are unlocked.
* Leon and Charlotte (the Bakerwoman and the Baker’s Son from Hookton) are now unique characters and will have future potential quests dedicated to them.
* Added some training condition checks for Claire’s Breeding Ranch. Still doesn’t fix overall problem though. System currently is ‘broken’ because with high enough Libido (via items) you can skip over the natural progression of scenes, like being experienced in Anal but a newb at Blowjobs, which doesn’t make sense. Need to think about how to fix this. Some added features to Ranch postponed while I puzzle it out.
Claire’s Quest v0.18.4
* “Lights Out”, the mercenary quest following “Something’s Fishy…” is now available. This quest is initiated by talking to Belisaros after resolving the kraken and getting the mercenary armour.
* New areas introduced: Corsair’s Coast, and the Lookout, both related to the mercenaries; additionally, all of Dargan Town has been brought back to the game.
* “By Blood & Sweat Both”, the first Shieldmaiden quest, now available.
* “Tribute to Fertility”, a submissive Sister of Fertility quest with Rose in the bathhouse, now available – with a nifty gangbang scene to boot!
* The mercenary double-penetration and ambush scene is now available. This is scene can be skipped entirely during the “Blood & Sweat Both” quest depending on your choices. During the scene itself, if Defiance <10, it is an auto gameover. If over 10, it goes into a miniquest with a repeat scene where Claire can escape, prison break style. However, if during the imprisonment, her Defiance drops under 9, it’s auto gameover.
* Dreadflies have been added to the game. These insect monsters are found in the Lookout (north of Narfu), and Whores’ End (down the stairs from the Meat Pit). Their scenes are pretty interesting, as they come in two different outfits and backgrounds. The repeat scene is available in the Menagerie.
* Added attribute trainers to the game! These specialist NPCs basically raise your stats for money. The higher your existing stat, the more their services cost. Defiance Trainer is Gallis (Merc HQ), Seduction Trainer is Madame Mox (Brothel), Depravity Trainer is Roxanne (Ranger HQ), and Intrigue Trainer is the Beneficient Librarian (Valos Library 2F).
* Added an option to “empty” the Herb Pouch from Inventory, in case you need it emptied to pick up something else, rather than having to go find the relevant buyer.
* Big ships have been added to the game – a welcome cosmetic for me, personally! They come in several variations too, from pirate vessels to viking longships!
* Changed all of Isobelle’s portraits to reflect her ingame appearance better!
* Sally’s encounter should give +10 Energy and Hunger as intended now
* Fixed the Widow’s Hovel encounter subtracting Depravity rather than Defiance with “Console Her” option
* Dyrios as a prisoner mistakenly shows up before the relevant Thieves quest is resolved
* In the Bondage Room with Rose (SoF), during the final training, if Defiance is over 10, Claire gets +5 Dep -5 Def, If Defiance is under 10 Claire instead gets +9 Dep and -9 Def
* Fixed a Breeding Ranch bug, whereby [Work] and then [Exit] causes Fatigue without actually doing anything. Also addressed Fatigue status not stopping you from sending the breeder to work.
* Reworked Nachali encounter with poisoned status effects and Bezoar mistaken text. You need to consume the Black-Blood potion then face Nachali. You cannot consume Bezoar without facing Nachali.
* Music mistake for Manticore after fighgting them off in Badlands. Also Leather Guard should now activate first over Monster Repellent, fixed
* Cautious Gypsy now sells additional leather guards after giving you the first one free; this is necessary as using up the leather guard to do Aiyana instead of Merc quest will lock you out of Mercs, and vice versa; also, to get around Defiance requirement for using leather guard to get Manticore Tail, added one Manticore Tail stuck in dead merc’s body in the Badlands; a bit of juking around the Manticores and you should be able to get it
* Merc escort to Dargan results in missing weather effects and outfit problems; fixed
* Fixed Kraken Cove accessibility bugs
* Fixed Beth’s portrait showing up by mistake even if she wasn’t imprisoned during Silent Cargo. Gale shows up in the Valosian Refugee Camp.
* Peeping Tom scene in gallery gives 30 silvers by mistake; fixed Gallery variation to only show the willing one (Defiant option sends you back to Hookton)
* Drunken Plutocrat scene in Gallery accidentally teleports you back to the Cup and Trotter. Fixed.
* Lady Esther sprite replaced by Vanessa Vane in Gallery by mistake in Fairfelt Climax. Fixed.
* The Debtor’s agreement now prevents merc escort services out of Rathpike
* Added missing fadein in Bubba Bear’s scene for Gallery
* Drunk effect will now wear off automatically after 50 steps are taken
* Defiance requirement for initial blowjob scene with the random Sister from the mushroom-collecting quest dropped from 14 to 8.
* Spidercrawl BGS added to Nachali Temple
* Enslavement BGS added to Meat Pit and other similar environments
* Fixed shading/coloring in Isobelle’s first ranch scene CG
* Trevor should now leave the Salty Slattern as intended once you get the Kraken Egg
* Various minor typos found and addressed, too many to list individually
Claire’s Quest v0.18.3
* The house with the black roof in Narfu can now be entered to conclude the “Silent Cargo” minor quest.
* Spending the night with Sally can send you into the sea or into the shadow realm (off-map). Lesbian sex can be treacherous. Fixed.
* You can go into the Nordling Camp without the right progression – fixed.
* Added in the “Prologue Ending” scenes where Claire arrives on the Isles in different states. Not in Gallery.
* The Spider Temple stage has a serious bug where consuming the Black-Blood Potion instantly kills Claire. Added in a hotfix which should resolve the problem temporarily while I figure out what caused the issue.
Claire’s Quest v0.18.2
* Sally’s quest can now be concluded, and if you’re lucky, you might… well… Get lucky. Managing to court Sally after her quest ends will net you a permanent +10 boost to Energy and Hunger.
* Fixed a pan-100 error (sound only plays on left side) in the Badlands BGM.
* Fixed Nachali spawning before you talk to Aiyana in the Spider Temple, which basically makes game unwinnable
* Added missing WorldMap image for travel system
Claire’s Quest v0.18.1
* Major new gameplay area and mechanic: the Ranch. The ranch can be purchased after completing all breeder-related jobs in Chemont, and you can hire girls to work there as your breeders. Of course, you’ll need to train them up to be up to par!
* You can now hire Isobelle and Thunder to work at the Ranch in Chemont (once you buy it). Once hired, they will move into the ranch permanently. New gameplay mechanics revolving around Libido and Fatigue, which are explained further in-game. Please note, beastslut outfit is not available yet, and the ranch scenes are not in the Gallery yet.
* New scene – Thunder x Isobelle BJ/HJ with Untrained/Trained variations
* New scene – Thunder x Isobelle Penetration with Untrained/Trained variations
* Music swapped for wilderness areas of Rathpike and urban settlement areas.
* The Meat Pit now saps -1 Defiance every night you stay there
* A nude UI portrait added. Comes into effect in Meat Pit and Fairfelt Manor (as prisoner) at the moment.
* Maid outfit added to cleaning job.
* Quest categories restructured as follows: Continental, Rangers, Five Families, The Temple, Refugees, Thieves, Mercenary, Shieldmaiden, then Minor Quests and Job Quests.
* Gallery and Menagerie structure completely overhauled after popular feedback. Now there is a signboard next to each scene in the Gallery telling you what scene it is so you don’t have to trigger it without knowing.
* Lore behind demons and monsters rewritten, specifically verifying Andumas and the Spider Goddess (Nachali)’s roles.
* Bubba can now be re-encountered in the Brugginwood after his specific Ranger quest for… head pats.
* Intrigue route added to Cockthulu’s scene (the Gypsy quest in the Rocks, Valos). Previously there was only a Defiance route and tonnes of people got stuck there. Hopefully this makes it more open-ended.
* Exclamation Mark Indicators/Quest Markers now added to more parts of the game.
* Testing out a “skip” option for jobs with repeating scenes, such as the Hookton blowjob, or the bar gangbang in Valos.
* Option to revisit Emily after the relevant Temple quest now available. Will be fleshed out more in the future.
* Narfu Village back in, mercenary quest advances up to the Kraken, who has been brought back. New Kraken scene also available. Also, the mercenary outfit + UI portrait becomes available from Mercenary Questline (but stops there for 0.18.1).
* Karland’s third quest, the journey to the Badlands, added into the game in its entirety. This is a massive quest, and probably one of the hardest in-game. Unfortunately Nachali/Spider Goddess chase mechanic is kind of shit (sigh) and the poison mechanics are wonky but the quest can be finished nonetheless. This quest introduces Aiyana, the Alchemist, and also adds in a new scene with the Spider Goddess (hint: the gameover scene changes based off Depravity)
* Aiyana the Alchemist comes into the game (after you finish the 3rd Karland quest)! This tsundere gypsy girl is your gateway into the world of alchemy. You can visit her in her lab after you finish the 3rd Karland quest and start the Alchemy questline.
* New scene – Manticore Alchemy / Gypsy Gangbang, available during the first alchemy experiment with a Manticore Tail.
* Dargan Town back in game, but nothing to do there yet. You can explore if you want. The next couple of patches will fill this in.
* Basically all pre-overhaul areas are back in-game, and will be fully fleshed out and patched back in by the time 0.18 is done.
* Mercenary escort services are back
* Zayana mistakenly shows up in Fat Jack’s pre-rescue. Fixed and removed Claire’s Quest.
** Lots and lots of minor stuff I tweaked and fixed that probably don’t warrant individual mentions, but if you come across weird tiles that look like they shouldn’t be there or bump into invisible roadblocks PLEASE let me know in Discord.
Release date: 2 June, 2021
Genre: RPG Maker, RPG, 2DCG, Female Protagonist, Prostitution, Monster, Bestiality, Vaginal Sex, Anal Sex, Oral Sex, Handjob, Paranormal, Group Sex, Lesbian, Multiple Penetration
Developer / Publisher: Dystopian Project
Platform: Windows, Android
Version: 0.22.3 + Walkthrough + Saves
Size: 1.79 GB